After the stunning and successful staging of the FIFA World Cup in 2022, Qatar is increasing in popularity. Qatar, the most advanced and developed country in the world, is attempting to attract more visitors and showcase its culture and progress.
It is becoming one of the most attractive nations for international workers, businesses, the economy, and investors. Each year, numerous individuals attempt to invest or operate in Qatar. If you are considering moving or travelling to Qatar and launching a business or job there, then you should read this article to learn more about the employment procedure in Qatar.
Qatar is poised to become one of the most prosperous and successful nations with the Greatest GDP Per Capita. The Qatari government assists all international candidates who wish to invest in or operate in Qatar. Therefore, candidates seeking employment in Qatar must get a Qatar Work Visa.
Qatar Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Qatar
- Eligible Countries: Foreigners
- Post Type: Work Visa
Also, Check: Malta Work Visa Types 2023
In this article, we will explain the process of acquiring a Qatar Work Visa and all necessities regarding the process. Please continue reading the article for more details. We will answer some of the common questions that most people are concerned about. Such as,
What is Qatar Work Visa?
Like any other country, a Qatar Work Visa is a document or a pass that allows foreign candidates to enter the country based on work or employment. The government of Qatar issues the Work Visa to a foreign employer who is being employed by a company or employer in Qatar.
How to Apply for Qatar Work Visa?
The foreign employees are responsible of submitting the application to their employers or hiring company, which will further be handled by the employers. We will explain the steps that employers will need to follow to apply for the employee’s Work Visa;
- The employers will need to register with the Ministry of Interior of Immigration Department.
- Submit all the important documents, including the trade license.
- After registration, you will be given a Representative card or Immigration Card.
- On this card, you will be able to apply for a work permit for each worker you are trying to hire.
- The documents should be submitted in Arabic containing information about the nationality and position of the employee.
- The Ministry of Labour will approve the application, and then employees will be able to travel to Qatar upon a work permit.
- After the arrival of the employee, the employer will need to file an application for the residence permit of the employee within seven days of arrival.
The Qatar Work Visa only allows you to work for the specific employer or company that offered you a job.
After the completion of your business or trip, you must acquire an exit permit approved by the employer or company and issued by the Ministry of Interior.
Types of Qatar Visas 2023.
There are the following types of Qatar visas;
- QATAR Work Visa
- QATAR Vacation Visa
- QATAR Family visa
- QATAR GCC Visa
- QATAR Business Visa
Documents required for QATAR Work Visa
This detail will save you a lot of time before visiting any consulate or embassy. The following documents are needed to be prepared beforehand;
- Contract of employment
- Completed application form from the Ministry of Labour.
- A medical certificate of good health
- Passport copy
- Two passport photographs
- Relevant educational certificates
- Immigration Card of employer or company
- Employment visa
- Biometrics data
Documents necessary for a Residence permit:
- Valid passport
- Two passport-sized photographs of the employee
- Employment visa
- Commercial Registration copy
- Company’s or business’s immigration card copy
- Medical certificate of the employee.
Age limit of Qatar Work Visa
The age limit of the Qatar Work Visa for public sector employees is below 60, whereas for private sector employees, there is no retirement age.
However, foreigners are not allowed to renew their Qatar Work Visa after the age of 60 years.
- Generally, it takes 2-4 weeks for foreigners to acquire their Qatar Work visa.
- Sometimes, it takes longer, depending on the nationality and company.
Validity of Qatar Work Visa
The validity of a Qatar Work Visa, which includes a residence permit and work permit, is only between one to three months.
Qatar Work Visa Cost
The process of work visa for Qatar is stated expensive, but the employer or company which hires the employees is responsible to cover the cost of the following areas;
- QATAR entry visa cost – QAR 200.
- Residence permit fee – QAR 500.
All foreign applicants can check the status of their Qatar Work visa on the official website of the Ministry of Interior through the following steps;
- Visit the official website of Ministry of Interior Qatar
- Click on ‘visa services
- Select ‘visa inquiry and printing.’
- Check with your passport number or visa number
- Select Nationality
- Fill in your verification code
- Click “submit,” and you will be directed to your visa status.
The following nationalities can check their visa status on the official website of the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC). These nationalities include;
- Sri Lanka
Benefits of Qatar Work Visa
The Qatar residence permits come with many benefits, such as;
- The applicants will receive further permits and licenses
- You will be able to sign a rental accommodation
- You can apply for a loan application
- You can also sponsor your family members to come and join you in Qatar.
- Men can also sponsor their wives to work in Qatar without a work permit. You will only need to register yourself with the Labour Department.
Related Post: Spain Work Visa Process 2023
In this post, we have mentioned all the details regarding the Qatar Work Visa for Foreigners; if you are looking for work opportunities in Qatar, don’t miss out on this post.