After the stunning and successful staging of the FIFA World Cup in 2022, Qatar is increasing in popularity. Qatar, the most advanced and developed country in the world, is attempting to attract more visitors and showcase its culture and progress.
It is becoming one of the most attractive nations for international workers, businesses, the economy, and investors. Each year, numerous individuals attempt to invest or operate in Qatar. If you are considering moving or travelling to Qatar and launching a business or job there, then you should read this article to learn more about the employment procedure in Qatar.
Qatar is poised to become one of the most prosperous and successful nations with the Greatest GDP Per Capita. The Qatari government assists all international candidates who wish to invest in or operate in Qatar. Therefore, candidates seeking employment in Qatar must get a Qatar Work Visa.
Qatar Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Qatar
Countries that Can Apply: Foreigners
Work Visa Post Type
Also, Check: Malta Work Visa Types 2023
In this article, we’ll go through how to get a work visa for Qatar and all the requirements involved. For more information, keep reading the article. We will respond to some of the typical queries that most people have. the like,
What is Qatar Work Visa?
A Qatar Work Visa is a document or a pass that permits foreign applicants to enter the country based on work or employment, just like in any other nation. A foreign employer who is working for a business or employer in Qatar receives a work visa from the Qatari government.
How can I apply for a work visa for Qatar??
The application must be submitted by the foreign employees to their employers or the hiring business, who will then manage it. We shall outline the procedures employers must follow in order to submit an application for the employee’s work visa;
- Employers must register with the Ministry of Interior’s Department of Immigration.
- Send in all necessary paperwork, including the trading licence.
- You will receive a Representative card or Immigration Card following registration.
- You can use this card to submit an application for a work permit for each employee you want to hire.
- The paperwork comprising the employee’s nationality and position details must be presented in Arabic.
- Following approval of the application by the Ministry of Labour, workers will be given work permits that will allow them to go to Qatar.
- Within seven days of the employee’s arrival, the employer must submit an application for the employee’s residence permit.
The Qatar Work Visa only allows you to work for the specific employer or company that offered you a job.
After the completion of your business or trip, you must acquire an exit permit approved by the employer or company and issued by the Ministry of Interior.
Qatar visa categories for 2023
The following categories of Qatari visas exist:
- QATAR Work Permit
- QATAR Family Visa
- QATAR GCC Visa
- QATAR Vacation Visa
- QATAR Business Visa
Documents needed for a work visa for Qatar
Before visiting any consulate or embassy, this information will help you save a lot of time. The following paperwork must be ready in advance:
- agreement for employment
- filled-out application form from the labour ministry.
- a health-related certification from a doctor
- passport replica
- two photos from a passport
- relevant academic credentials
- Employer or corporation immigration card
- employment permit
- data from biometrics
Documents required to obtain a residency permit:
- current passport
- two passport-sized images of the worker with an employment visa
- Copy of Commercial Registration
- copy of a company or business’s immigration card
- a statement from the employee’s doctor.
Age limit of Qatar Work Visa
The age limit of the Qatar Work Visa for public sector employees is below 60, whereas for private sector employees, there is no retirement age.
However, foreigners are not allowed to renew their Qatar Work Visa after the age of 60 years.
- Generally, it takes 2-4 weeks for foreigners to acquire their Qatar Work visa.
- Sometimes, it takes longer, depending on the nationality and company.
Validity of Qatar Work Visa
The validity of a Qatar Work Visa, which includes a residence permit and work permit, is only between one to three months.
Cost of Qatar Work Visa
Although obtaining a work visa for Qatar is expensive, the employer or business that hires the employees must pay for the following expenses:
- Entry visa to QATAR costs QAR 200.
- Fee for a residence permit: 500 QAR.