Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship in Japan for 2023–24. Japanese Graduate Scholarships are open to applications from all international students around the globe. Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Japan offers fully-funded scholarships to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at top Japanese universities. The Japanese Graduate Scholarship is available for the 2023-2024 academic year. Also submit an application for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023–2024 (fully funded).
Masters and doctoral degrees are available for study in nearly every academic field and major. There is No application fee to apply for a scholarship for international graduate students in Japan.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to students from any country and region who are studying in any academic discipline and have the potential to become outstanding leaders who contribute to the peaceful development of global society. Additionally, you may apply for Fully Funded Japan Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship: Join the Fun!
Honjo International Scholarship Details for 2023-24
|Offered by:||Honjo International Scholarship Foundation|
|Degree level:||Masters, PhD|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Last Date:||30 April 2023|
Benefits Monetary of Japan Scholarship:
Honjo International Scholarship in Japan is a Completely Free Graduate Scholarship for International Students. The scholarship will provide a monthly stipend sufficient to cover all of your educational expenses. Details provided below:
- 210,000 per month for one to two years of study
- 190,000 monthly for three years degree
- 160,000 per month for four to five years of college.
To apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023 in Japan, you must submit the following documents via an online application.
- Transcript of academic work (in Japanese or English; please attach a translation for other languages)
- Transcript of undergraduate course work (required) If you transferred to the university from the
- College of Technology (Ksen School System), you must also submit your College of Technology transcript.
- Graduate institution transcript of academic work (If you do not have it, there is no need to submit.)
- Analysis Proposal: Utilize the provided template (click here) and compose in Japanese.
What applicants should describe:
What are you planning to investigate?
- Based on what you will have learned or studied in Japan, what and how are you planning to contribute to your native country?
- What have your research, academic, and social accomplishments been?
A letter of recommendation from the supervisor Kindly obtain a letter describing the applicant’s academic achievements, personal characteristics, and future potential. If the recommender is more familiar with the student’s academic background, the student can also obtain a recommendation letter from a previous supervisor in his or her country. The number of pages and format are not specified; however, please include a translation if the document is written in a language other than English or Japanese.
Acceptance documentation, such as a letter of admission, acceptance letter, etc. Please upload the enrollment certificate only if the student is currently enrolled in graduate school.
- If the admission letter or acceptance letter is not available by April 30, 2023, please enter the most likely date in the “web application system” And transmit it to the HISF office as soon as it becomes available.
- After April 30, 2023, the web application system will no longer permit logins.
- Even if marked “Confidential” or “Invalid if opened,” open all envelopes containing documents to be uploaded as PDF files via the “scholarship web application system.”
- A letter of recommendation sent via email or postal mail by a recommender is acceptable. In this case, upload a PDF containing the text “A letter is sent immediately.” The email address for correspondence is email@example.com.
- Additionally, photocopied documents can be uploaded.
Criteria for Japan Scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023-24, you must meet the following requirements: You must satisfy the following requirements:
- The pupil lacking Japanese nationality
- The student must be enrolled at a graduate institution in Japan as of September or October 2023 or be applying for a course beginning in September or October 2023. If you will be enrolled in September or October 2023, both those who are presently enrolled and those who have not yet enrolled (including those who are employed at the time of application) are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Those who plan to enroll in graduate school in the spring of 2024 should apply for the 2023 program, for which applications will be accepted from September 1 to October 31, 2023. (scheduled).
- In theory, a student enrolling in a professional graduate institution is ineligible. However, applicants must be able to submit a research proposal.
- The enrollment duration prior to graduation must exceed twelve months.
- To be eligible, a student applying for the PhD program must begin the program before turning 35 years old. The applicant for the master’s degree must begin the master’s program before turning 30. (No exception).
- As a future career objective, the student must have a strong desire to serve in their native country.
- The student must have an in-depth comprehension of international friendship and goodwill, as well as attend foundation-sponsored events and participate in the alumni network as a member.
- The pupil must be proficient in Japanese conversational skills. There will be interviews conducted in Japanese (no exception).
The application deadline for the Fully Funded Honjo International Scholarship for International Students is April 30, 2022.
How to Apply :
To apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023–24, there is an online application system. You must complete an online application form and upload all required documents. There is no need to mail documents. Below is a link to the Application Form and Official Announcement: