Spain Digital Nomad Visa 2023The newly-introduced Digital Nomad Visa is for those who work remotely online outside of their own nation. Freelancers, YouTubers, self-employed individuals, photographers, social media influencers, etc. are examples of digital nomads. Therefore, if you belong to one of these professions and wish to work in another nation, you will need a Digital Nomad Visa.
If you wish to work in Spain, you will require a Spain Digital Nomad Visa, just as you would for any other country. It is a Newly-Introduced Visa, and Spain has also taken the initiative to expand the number of visitors and influencers who visit Spain and help promote the country’s cultural developments.
In this article, all of your questions regarding the Spain Digital Nomad Visa And Its Requirements Are Addressed. If you are looking for information on how to obtain a visa for Spain, please read this article in its entirety.
Some questions arise. To make it clear to you, we have answered them in the following headlines, such as;
Who can acquire a Spain Digital Nomad Visa 2023?
- If you are a non-EEA citizen and want to work in Spain remotely, you must apply for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa.
- If you have an EU passport, then you are already given a right of residency in Spain and allowed to work remotely in Spain.
Also, Check: Turkey Work Visa Types 2023
Who is Eligible for Spain Digital Nomad Visa?
The eligibility criteria for the Non-EU nationals for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa is following;
- All applicants must show proof of employment contract and be employed by a non-Spanish company.
- All applicants must have clients outside Spain.
- All applicants must have earned 20% of their income from Spanish companies.
- All applicants applying for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa must have yet to obtain residency in Spain for the past five years.
- All applicants must be working remotely for at least one year.
- All applicants must show proof of clean criminal records.
- All applicants must show proof of accommodation in Spain.
Requirements of Digital Nomad Visa
The requirements for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa are similar to any other employment visa requirements. You can get permission to stay for six months to two years. This visa is only given to workers employed by a non-Spanish company and operating outside Spain. The following are the requirements for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa;
- The applicants must be Self-employed.
- The applicants can give 20% of their professional business activities to an employer registered in Spain.
- All applicants must fulfill the income requirements of the worker issued by the Government of Spain.
- All applicants must be earning twice the national minimum wage of Spain.
- If the current minimum monthly salary is €1,050, then the digital Nomads must prove that their income is €2,000, if not €3,000.
- There could be additional requirements in the new year 2023, defined by the government of Spain.
- All applicants must present proof of working with a firm for at least three months.
- All applicants must show evidence that the company allows a remote work environment.
- All applicants must register for a residence permit within 30 days of acquiring a visa.
How to Apply for Digital Nomad Spain Visa?
There is still some information that needs to be released by the Government of Spain regarding The Spain Digital Nomad Visa. But as this is a visa application then, you will need to follow the following steps to apply for the visa;
- You can contact your nearby consulate of Spain or the Spain Embassy for the visa.
- On the Spain Digital Nomad visa, you can travel freely in the European Union’s Schengen Area.
Validity of Digital Nomad Visa?
The Spain Digital Nomad Visa is valid for one year initially. Still, if you show a successful career in the Digital world, the visa can be changed into a temporary residency permit valid for three years. You can also renew your residency permit, allowing you to stay for five years, making your stay valid longer.
If you keep on fulfilling the requirements of the government of Spain, then you can apply for Permanent residency after five years of working in Spain.
One advantage of the Spain Digital Nomad Visa is that the holders of this visa will have to pay the tax on the non-resident income tax rate (IRNR) instead of resident income tax rates (IRPF). The average tax rate is 24%, but for the Digital Nomad Visa holder, it is only 15%.
Related Post: Spain Work Visa Process 2023
So in this post, we have discussed the details regarding the Newly announced Spanish Digital Nomad Visa; candidates who are interested in this Spanish Digital Nomad visa are encouraged to read the details provided in this post and apply.