Spain Digital Nomad Visa 2023The newly-introduced Digital Nomad Visa is for those who work remotely online outside of their own nation. Freelancers, YouTubers, self-employed individuals, photographers, social media influencers, etc. are examples of digital nomads. Therefore, if you belong to one of these professions and wish to work in another nation, you will need a Digital Nomad Visa.
If you wish to work in Spain, you will require a Spain Digital Nomad Visa, just as you would for any other country. It is a Newly-Introduced Visa, and Spain has also taken the initiative to expand the number of visitors and influencers who visit Spain and help promote the country’s cultural developments.
In this article, all of your questions regarding the Spain Digital Nomad Visa And Its Requirements Are Addressed. If you are looking for information on how to obtain a visa for Spain, please read this article in its entirety.
Some questions arise. To make it clear to you, we have answered them in the following headlines, such as;
Who can Applay for Digital Nomad Visa 2023?
- Non-EEA nationals who wish to work remotely in Spain must submit an application for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa.
- If you hold an EU passport, you are already granted the ability to remain in Spain and engage in remote employment there.
Also, Check: Turkey Work Visa Types 2023
Eligibility for Digital Nomad Visa?
The following qualifications apply to non-EU nationals seeking a visa for Spain as a digital nomad:
- All applicants must provide documentation of their work contracts and have jobs with non-Spanish businesses.
- All candidates need to have customers outside of Spain.
- 20% of each applicant’s income had to originate from Spanish businesses.
- All applicants must not have established residency in Spain within the previous five years in order to be eligible for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa.
- All candidates must have been doing remote work for at least a year.
- Each applicant must provide evidence of a clear criminal history.
- Every applicant must provide evidence of lodging in Spain.
- Conditions for a digital nomad visa
The prerequisites for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa are the same as those for any other type of job visa. You can obtain approval to stay for anywhere between six months and two years. Only employees working for non-Spanish businesses operating outside of Spain are eligible for this visa. The prerequisites for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa are as follows:
- Self-employed applicants are required
- The applicants are permitted to donate 20% of their professional business efforts to a Spanish employer.
- All applicants must meet the financial conditions set forth by the Spanish government for workers.
- All applicants must make at least double Spain’s minimum wage.
- The digital nomads must demonstrate that they earn at least €2,000 per month, if not €3,000, as the current minimum monthly wage is €1,050.
- The Spanish government may establish further standards for the coming year 2023.
- A minimum of three months of employment with a company must be documented by all applicants.
- Each applicant must provide proof that the employer accepts remote work.
- After receiving a visa, all applicants must apply for a residence permit within 30 days.
How to Apply for Digital Nomad Spain Visa?
The Spanish government still needs to provide certain information regarding the Spain Digital Nomad Visa. However, as this is a visa application, you must adhere to the subsequent procedures in order to apply for the visa:
- For the visa, you can get in touch with the Spanish Embassy or the consulate in your area.
- You are permitted to move around the Schengen Area of the European Union freely with the Spain Digital Nomad visa.
Validity of Digital Nomad Visa?
The Spain Digital Nomad Visa is valid for one year initially. Still, if you show a successful career in the Digital world, the visa can be changed into a temporary residency permit valid for three years. You can also renew your residency permit, allowing you to stay for five years, making your stay valid longer.
If you keep on fulfilling the requirements of the government of Spain, then you can apply for Permanent residency after five years of working in Spain.
One advantage of the Spain Digital Nomad Visa is that the holders of this visa will have to pay the tax on the non-resident income tax rate (IRNR) instead of resident income tax rates (IRPF). The average tax rate is 24%, but for the Digital Nomad Visa holder, it is only 15%.
Related Post: Spain Work Visa Process 2023
So in this post, we have discussed the details regarding the Newly announced Spanish Digital Nomad Visa; candidates who are interested in this Spanish Digital Nomad visa are encouraged to read the details provided in this post and apply.