The application period for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24 is now open until January 5, 2023. The GCS is a Fully Funded Scholarship for U.S. and international students pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate Degree at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is supported by Bill and Melinda Gates. The Bill and Melina Gates Foundation Scholarship is open to all participants from outside the United Kingdom. You must submit a course application to Cambridge University and select “Gates Cambridge Scholarship” on the Scholarship Portal. When examining applicants, Gates Cambridge has access to the complete admission and financing application.
Each year, Bill Gates awards 80 full Scholarships without IELTS in any topic at Cambridge University, including airfare, housing, tuition, visa, and health insurance. This is the highest single donation ever made to a British university. The maximum term for the Gates Masters Scholarship is Two Years, while the maximum period for the Gates PhD Scholarship is Four Years. This is not the conclusion.
Details About Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- University: Cambridge University
- Funded by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Course Level: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 5th January 2023 (For International). 12th Oct 2022 (For USA Citizens)
- Commonwealth Scholarships for 2023/24 (Fully Funded)
- Chevening Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) | Apply Now
- Visa Sponsorship Jobs in UK
Gates Scholarship Amount and Value
Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students will Cover the Full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. It covers the following costs:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic Development Funding: From up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses. (amount Varies)
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
Study Fields and Majors
Gates Cambridge Scholarship in 2023 offers all fields of study available at the University. There are no academic restrictions for anyone.
You can find the list of schools and departments that are available at Gates Cambridge University.
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Technology
- Institutions independent of any School
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
You can Check About Departments from A to Z (Here)
Who can apply for the Gates Scholarship?
- A Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, and experience)
- Reasons for Choice of Course: You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Required Documents (Application Materials)
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
The last date to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship for 2023/24 For USA Applicants residing in the USA is 12th October 2022
And the Last Date for all the Other International Applicants is Depend on the Course they Chose. Most of them have a Deadline is either 2 December 2022 or 5th January 2023
How to Apply (Application Steps for Gates Cambridge Scholarship)
- You first need to apply for the Course/admission at Cambridge University via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- To Apply you can browse all courses (Here)
- A Short Video about the Application Process is uploaded (Here)