Teach to Lead will support Egypt’s current comprehensive educational reform process. Training will be provided to teachers from Greater Cairo, encompassing Cairo, Giza, and Qalyoubia governorates, in groups of 12-15 each at Amideast’s state-of-the-art training facility in Giza, which is fully equipped with classrooms and computer labs.
Amideast will build on its expertise in teacher training and leadership to develop a dynamic, 60-hour training program, which will emphasize the following elements:
- Leadership in Education: Communication skills for teacher leaders, peer empowerment and school reform, and transformational leadership
- Interactive Learning Methodologies: Lesson planning, literacy skills, project-based learning, classroom management, and integration of student motivation
- Technology in Education: Blended learning, understanding learning management systems (LMS), and using computers for interactive learning
- Pay-It Forward Model: Each participant will provide training to a group of peers, fulfilling a long-term objective of the program to build a cadre of female leaders who can serve and support their communities.
- Female teachers from the Greater Cairo area
- Teachers of grades 1–3 in Egyptian public, experimental, and community schools,
- Teachers from underprivileged backgrounds and low-income areas across Greater Cairo
- Teachers who demonstrate high potential and commitment to succeed and take on leadership roles within their schools
For questions, please contact Amideast at: firstname.lastname@example.org