It’s not too late to apply for the ADB Visiting Fellowship Program in 2022. Attending ADB’s Manila headquarters as a Visiting Fellow is a great opportunity for academics and students to share their recently completed economic research. All year round, the ADB accepts applications. Throughout the program, students interact with members of the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Development (ERCD) division of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). In this meeting, they discuss new ideas and approaches, and they provide advise for future research.
Candidates must have a PhD or an equivalent degree in economics or a related field. This fellowship is completely self-sustaining. Students from ADB member countries are eligible to apply for this program. Due to the program’s inventiveness and competitive nature, it offers students an incredible chance. The research is being carried out at ADB by globally recognized educators and economists.
A visiting fellow may stay at ADB for a maximum of 10 business days. The Asian Development Bank employs individuals from 60 different countries and has 31 locations around the United States. They contribute to Asia’s economic development. This fellowship program allows researchers to explore a wide range of academic fields, including management, science, economics, and other development-related disciplines. The selection process for this program is highly tough. This program has a number of benefits; further information about this program is given below.
Details About ADB Visiting Fellowship Program 2022
- Program: ADB Visiting fellowship program
- Host country: Philippines
- Program location: Headquarters in Manila
ADB’s Research topics
- Aid and Development
- Behavior and Decision Making
- Economics of Climate Change
- Employment and Labor Markets
- Financial Sector Development
- Governance and Institutions
- Growth and Structural Transformation
- Human Capital
- Infrastructure and Software
- International Trade and Finance
- Money and Finance
- Poverty, MDGs and Inclusive Growth
- Project Economic Analysis
- Regional Public Goods
- Social Protection
- Trade and Investment
Benefits of ADB Visiting Fellowship Program
Several benefits of the ADB program are outlined in the following paragraphs.
- Each fellow will get a round-trip ticket in economy class.
- The cost of the visa will be covered.
- Visiting fellows will receive a one-time $100 stipend.
- There is a vacancy in office space.
- Fellows will receive monthly housing stipends to cover their daily expenses.
Eligibility Criteria For ADB Visiting Fellowship Program
The following requirements must be met in order for students to be considered for an ADB fellowship:
- Members of the ADB’s member countries are eligible to apply.
- should have a PhD in economics or a closely related field of study.
- An ADB working paper must be a condition of acceptance for a candidate.
- Candidates must complete their research within a certain time range.
- There are two ways in which the ADB fellowship program is chosen, as follows:
- In this method of selection, students are selected on the basis of their previous work experience and skill set.
- A student’s placement in a class is determined solely by their performance in an interview with the instructor.
Following documents are required for the ADB visiting fellowship program.
- Cover letter
- Research description
- Presentation material
- A draft paper, if any.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit an online application and an official email address. When submitting your application, be sure to include all relevant supporting paperwork. It is necessary for candidates to describe their present research. Please visit the ADB fellowship program’s official website for further details.